RECIPE: Steamed Cod Fish with Blueberries
Cod fish is an extremely nutrient-dense fish with many types of nutrients. It is low in fat yet high in protein, which makes it a great source of protein and for those who are trying to lose weight. Cod is also a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and rich in vitamins B12 and B6, niacin, as well as vitamins E, A, and C.
Pair it with sweet blueberries and mixed vegetables for a cheap yet delicious and healthy meal! Join Shiki today as she cooks up a storm in the FITLUC kitchen.
Here is the full ingredient and instruction list for this great recipe!
Macronutrients (per serving)
Calories: 230.5 kcal
Protein: 28.9 grams
Carbs: 22.4 grams
Fat: 1.25 grams
400 grams cod fish
1 cup mixed frozen corn, carrot, peas
4 cloves of minced garlic or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1.5 tablespoon of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of light Soy sauce
3 tablespoons of water
2 teaspoons of sugar
1) Make a simple marinade for the cod with the following ingredients; garlic powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and water. Spread the marinade evenly over the cod.
2) Add the mixed vegetables to the marinated fish.
3) Steam the fish either over boiling water, in a rice cooker or a steamer for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your fish is. Cod should be firm and flake easily with a fork.
4) The last step is to add blueberries to garnish the dish.
5) Serve alongside rice or other side dishes for a balanced and delicious meal.
Share this recipe with your family and friends!